The EDNAs are awards for women who have made a feminist difference, i.e. whose activity advances the status of women: the battlers and the unsung heroines who show commitment and determination.
Nominations close 13 September 2013. All nominations must be on the form.
There are ten categories:
- WORKFORCE for improving conditions for women workers.
- GOVERNMENT for feminist activity in the political sphere.
- ARTS for creative feminism.
- COMMUNITY ACTIVISM for feminist activity in the community.
- MEDIA/COMMUNICATION for consistent promotion of women’s interests in the media.
- LEADERSHIP for leading feminist changes in the public sphere.
- MENTORING for sharing knowledge and ideas generously with other women.
- SPORT for promoting the engagement and recognition of women in sport.
- EDUCATION for a special contribution to the education of women and girls.
- GRAND STIRRER for inciting others to challenge the status quo.
The EDNAs are not awards for long-service or only for those who are well-known. Nor are they simply recognition of women who are successful in their own field.
The Review Panel requires evidence of each nominee’s achievements or actions which have improved the status of women, locally or in the wider society.
Nominees must be comfortable with being called feminist, and live or work in NSW or ACT.
Send your nomination, complete with supporting documentation, to:
The Edna Ryan Awards, PO Box 425, Glebe NSW 2037
All nominators will be notified of the Review Panel’s decisions. All EDNA recipients will be our guests at the Awards event on Friday 18 October 2013 at Sydney Trades Hall. Tickets for the Awards event can be booked with this form